The Story Behind The Candied Apple Manhattan
In the Candied Apple Manhattan, Johnnie Walker Black Label’s complex flavors of smoke and spice star in this variation on the storied cocktail. Swapping out the traditional vermouth for an aromatic and mildly bitter Italian amaro, the libation is topped with a few dashes of aromatic bitters and apple bitters. Served up in an elegant Martini glass and garnished with a playful candied apple, this bracing cocktail makes for the perfect holiday tipple.
This recipe is sponsored by Johnnie Walker.
- 1 1/2 ounces Johnnie Walker Black Label
- 3/4 ounce bitter Italian amaro
- 3 dashes apple bitters
- 1 dash aromatic bitters
- Candied apple
- Combine ice, Johnnie Walker Black Label, bitter Italian amaro, apple bitters, and aromatic bitters in a mixing glass.
- Strain into a Martini glass.
- Garnish with small candied apple.