As StormBreaker Brewing approaches its 10th Anniversary Celebration this weekend, the Portland based brewer is prepping for its party that’ll provide fun for the entire family. Look for special beer releases, food, cocktails, mocktails and a special guest from the Portland Pickles on Saturday, February 10, 2024.
“Ten years in the craft beer industry is a huge accomplishment, especially in such a competitive area as Portland, and we wanted to take the time to recognize that and celebrate it,” said Rob Lutz, StormBreaker Brewing’s brewmaster and co-owner. “A lot of really good breweries and brewpubs have come and gone during that time period, so to be here at year ten is a testament to this community and the support it’s shown us from our opening through now. Our team is looking forward to many more years of delivering great food and drink on Mississippi Ave. and in St. John’s.”
StormBreaker 10th Anniversary Highlights:
- 10 New & Vintage Beers – In addition to longtime favorites like Mississippi Red and Cloud Ripper being available, the production team will be offering ten special beers for the day, all newly brewed or vintage beers pulled from StormBreaker’s cellar. Customers interested in trying several of these special beers will have the option to purchase a 5 Beer Taster Passport between the hours of 12:00pm and 7:00pm. Two different Taster Passports will be offered, each containing five specific beers from the anniversary new & vintage list at a price discounted from purchasing five separate tastes. Those wishing to try all ten are welcome to purchase both Taster Passports. Outside of the 12-7pm timeframe, customers can purchase any of the ten new and vintage beers individually.
- Anniversary Beer – One of the ten new and vintage beers will be a collaboration produced in conjunction with B&D Farms. The beer, named X (the Roman numeral for 10), is a 6.3% ABV single hop IPA with 63 IBUs and featuring the 2B experimental hop grown at B&D. 2B gives the beer a clean, citrus forward character with aromas of apple and pear and flavor notes of lime zest, melon, and pine.
- Anniversary Cocktail Menu – StormBreaker’s bartenders will be mixing new cocktails created specifically for the 10th anniversary.
- Anniversary Mocktail Menu – Continuing its commitment to broad beverage choices, StormBreaker’s bartenders will also offer a menu of mocktails created for the brewpub’s 10th anniversary. New Element, its recently released Non-Alcoholic Grapefruit Sparkling Water will also be available.
- Whiskey Tasting – Stone Barn Brandyworks owner Sebastian Degens will be visiting to offer tastings of the distillery’s recent collaboration with StormBreaker, Barnstormer Imperial Red Straight Malt Whiskey. The whiskey used an imperial red ale from StormBreaker as its base.
- Live Music – Local band Dadweed will play from 2:00pm-5:00pm, with edgy, jazzy, and fun renditions of traditional bluegrass music mixed with contemporary reimaginings of what a string band can be.
- Fun for the Kids – Dillon T. Pickle, mascot for the Portland Pickles, will also make an appearance at the event to mingle and take photos.
“We really think we offer something for everyone, and we wanted this party to highlight that,” continued Lutz. “The 10th anniversary party will feature cocktails and mocktails as well as other NA offerings, great food, live music, and of course plenty of awesome beer.”
StormBreaker Brewing – 832 N Beech St – Portland, OR