The Story Behind The Skinny Margarita
For this recipe, we’re taking the world’s favorite tequila cocktail and making it a tad more au naturel (or should we say toda natural?). This rendition subs out triple sec for freshly squeezed orange juice and calls for a touch of agave syrup, which adds a sweetness that harmonizes with the agave notes inherent to tequila blanco. Add a splash of lime juice and a lime wheel garnish, and you’re good to go — but don’t forget to salt the rim of your glass.
- 2 ounces tequila blanco
- 1 1/2 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- Garnish: salt rim, lime wheel
- Rim a rocks glass with salt and set aside to dry.
- Combine tequila, lime juice, orange juice, and agave in a cocktail shaker. Add ice and shake until cold.
- Strain into salt-rimmed glass with fresh ice.
- Garnish with lime wheel.