The Story Behind The Don Julio Añejo Margarita
Every Margarita lover knows that the world of classic Margaritas is a diverse, richly dotted map that’s constantly adding new flavors, styles, and serves to explore. However, that said, perhaps the easiest way to upgrade this classic drink is to simply make it with a premium spirit like Don Julio Añejo. This tequila pours like liquid-gold and boasts sweeter, softer notes than what you’d find in a generic blanco –– making it the perfect companion for the Margarita’s other half: orange liqueur. Throw in a pinch of chili powder to add a little spice and get ready to toast to your success.
This recipe is sponsored by Don Julio.
- 1 1/4 ounces Don Julio Añejo Tequila
- 1/4 ounce Orange liqueur
- 1/4 ounce Lime juice
- 1/4 ounce Simple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Chipotle chili powder
- 1 Lime wedge
- Pour Don Julio Ańejo Tequila, Orange Liqueur, Lime Juice, Simple Syrup, and Chili Powder into an ice-filled cocktail shaker.
- Shake until combined.
- Strain into an ice-filled rocks glass.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
- Salt or sugar rim optional.