The Story Behind The Daiquiri Especiale
The Daiquiri Especial employs a blend of three rums: rhum agricole, Jamaican rum, and blended white rum. Together, these rums offer a strong hogo funk, grassiness, and a slight touch of sweetness. Hosaka uses a honey syrup instead of simple syrup and just a bit of oloroso sherry to give the cocktail a slight nutty flavor.
- 1 1/2 ounces Electra Rum blend #1
- 3/4 ounces fresh lime juice
- 3/4 ounces honey
- 1/2 ounces oloroso Sherry
- 2 dashes of Angostura bitters
- Combine all ingredients into a mixing tin with ice.
- Shake and strain into a Winchester coupe.
- Garnish with freshly grated nutmeg.